Sunday, September 7, 2014

Personal Introduction

Greetings to all in the aviation community and especially to my fellow aviators. I am an Eastern Michigan University student about to finish up my last year and earn my degree. This is my first attempt at writing a blog, so just as when I stepped inside my first airplane, this will also be a new experience for me. This blog detail my activities and experiences getting to where I am now and where I wish to be in the future.
First off, let me tell you how I got into a aviation. Most small children want to grow up to be astronauts, firefighters, or cowboys. But there the rare few want to become pilots. And I'm not talking about fighter jet pilots, let's face it ever since Top Gun came out that jobs cool factor has been sky high. I'm talking about the everyday behind the scenes pilot. The guy you see the local airport towing the banner behind his plane or crop dusting a local farmer's field. It's these individuals that interested me in aviation career. Because when I watched world's wildest police videos or saw the news helicopters flying during disasters or big stories, I wanted to be the pilot. To me, those guys had the best job in the world.
After joining the military at age 17, I had my first combat tour in Iraq in 2006. After that I was deployed to Fort Bliss Texas, then shortly after that, the mountains of Afghanistan. It was only when I returned home finally in 2013, I was able to enroll at Eastern Michigan University and begin my aviation career. Thus far I have achieved my private pilot certificate, am working on an instrument rating, and hope to have certified flight instructor by the time I graduate . I am still in the military and plan to serve there as well as a flight officer. I am currently enrolled in the Army ROTC program with aspirations to becoming a Black Hawk pilot.
My end goal for an aviation career is to have all my fixed wing certifications and ratings on the civilian side while simultaneously having my rotary wing certifications through the military. Once all my ratings and certifications have been achieved, and I have finished my constantly moving lifestyle, I plan to make a career of being a professional flight instructor. Teaching students near whatever military post I happen to be attached to would allow me to continue to fly and maintain ratings for still serving in the military. When I do eventually retire from the military, I would like to open a part 135 operation. I have always had the notion flying people to their favorite theme parks or destinations in quick and less stressful fashion than going cross country in a car. Probably something having to deal with driving with my own family. While the idea of a large airliner can be attractive to some, it is never been an possibility for me. I believe my true passion lives in general aviation ans flying for the pure fun of it.
Hopefully as I continue to write this blog, I can relate to you my experiences and knowledge while helping you avoid your own pitfalls in stumbles. In addition, I hope this blog will become a tool getting the aviation career I want. Whether it be working as an independent flight instructor, or becoming part of a small flight school, I hope to fly and teach other's the knowledge that's been passed to me and share the joy that is flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment